Spicy Chicken Katsu Ramen
Prep time 15 minutes
Cooking time 15 minutes
Total time 30 minutes
- 2 tablespoons Sesame Oil
- 6 cloves garlic, finely chopped or grated
- 2 medium shallots, finely chopped
- 1 inch fresh ginger, grated
- 8 cups OXO chicken stock
- 3/4 cup Trident coconut milk
- 1/4 cup light soy sauce
- 1/4 cup white miso paste
- 2-4 tablespoons Trident Red chilli sriracha
- 4 serves Trident 2 Min Hot & Spicy noodles
- 4 cups baby spinach, chopped
- soft or hard boiled eggs, for serving
- Toasted nori sheets, sesame seeds, green onions, Trident sriracha, for serving
- 4 chicken cutlets, butterflied if the bone is still in
- ½ cup Plain Flour
- 1 egg
- 1 cup Panko crumbs
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- Salt to season
Step 1 - Heat a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Heat the sesame oil, Add the garlic, shallots, ginger. Cook, stirring occasionally, until aromatic, about 2 minutes. Pour in the OXO stock, coconut milk, and soy sauce, all the Trident noodle season sachets, then whisk in the miso and sriracha. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes.
Step 2 - Meanwhile, make the Katsu. Place the Panko and sesame seeds & flour in separate shallow bowls. Whisk the egg. Season with salt. Dredge both sides of the chicken through flour, egg then Panko, pressing to adhere by using your fingers to press the crumbs in. Place the chicken on a plate.
Step 3 - Heat a few tablespoons of oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Add the chicken and cook until golden brown, 3-4 minutes. Flip the chicken and cook until golden brown on the other side, about 3-4 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board and season with salt. Slice into thin strips.
Step 4 - To the soup, stir in the noodles, spinach. Let sit for 5 minutes or until the noodles are soft.
Step 5 - To serve, divide the noodles between bowls and ladle the broth overtop. Add the chicken. Top as desired with eggs, green onions, sesame seeds, and sriracha. Serve immediately.
UPLOAD YOUR RECIPES
Today it's so easy to create delicious, wok-inspired Asian meals at home with fresh ingredients and Trident's range of authentic Asian products... and you don't have to be a professional chef to do it.
On our website you'll find great recipes to create delicious Asian meals that family and friends are sure to love