Tom Kha Gai Soup (Thai Coconut Chicken Soup)
Prep time 15 minutes
Cooking time 15 minutes
Total time 30 minutes
- 400 ml can Trident Coconut Cream
- 800 ml of chicken stock
- 1 lemongrass stem, trimmed and cut into four
- 4 kaffir lime leaves (optional)
- 2 spring onions, sliced on an angle
- 250 g chicken breast, diced
- 8-12 small button mushrooms, halved
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1-11/2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1-11/2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 large chilli
- 4 lime wedges
Step 1 - In a wok combine coconut cream, stock, lemongrass, lime leaves if using, and white parts of spring onion. Slowly bring to the boil and simmer for 2 minutes.
Step 2 - Add chicken, mushrooms and salt, and simmer for 11/2-2 minutes.
Step 3 - Season to taste with lime juice and fish sauce.
Step 4 - Serve garnished with spring onion greens and a lime wedge.
UPLOAD YOUR RECIPES
Today it's so easy to create delicious, wok-inspired Asian meals at home with fresh ingredients and Trident's range of authentic Asian products... and you don't have to be a professional chef to do it.
On our website you'll find great recipes to create delicious Asian meals that family and friends are sure to love